EASY Photo Editor Needed

Reaction score
Hi, I've used iPhoto for 2yrs. I don't have the time to learn photo apps that are for professionals. I've downloaded trials of a few, but still not settled. What I really want to do is 2 things
1. Remove unwanted elements from background
2. Remove/Add colour to only 1 element
That's it.
Do you have any suggestions on an app that will let me do these 2 things?
Thank you kindly,
Deb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Photoshop Elements should be able to do those things.

Reaction score
Another is ColorIt! for $59.95. I used it pre-OS X, and it was a good app. I assume it wouldn't have changed much for OS X. But it needs to run through Rosetta on an Intel Mac.

OP
D
Reaction score
Digimage

I went to the site, but they don't have a Demo yet for Mac ready.

OP
D
Reaction score
Elements

I also went to this site but there does not appear to be any trial/demo for this app.

Reaction score
Deb, I'm an amateur photograper and I find photoshop elements to be ALL that I need. It's a fairly simple to use program and there are a lot of resources out there to learn the harder techniques. Also, I don't know if you do any video editing, but for an extra $40 or so, you can get the package deal (Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements). If you decide to go that route I subscribe to a magazine and they have a great website with tons of video tutorials.... check it out ELEMENTS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Well of course, we should mention the free GIMP. It will do all this too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Also, I don't know if you do any video editing, but for an extra $40 or so, you can get the package deal (Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements)....

I believe Premiere Elements is Windows-only.

I've used Photoshop Elements since version 2.0 and it's a great, relatively inexpensive program. Version 4.0 is the latest for the Mac, and it's got all the features you'll likely need.

Given the lag that typically follows between PC and Mac versions (the 4.0 version of Photoshop Elements for the PC came out 8-9 months before the Mac version) we should see Photoshop Elements 5.0 for the Mac soon.. but how soon is anyone's guess.

If you can't wait, you won't go wrong with Elements 4.0. I use it almost daily on my MacBook.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
Adobe Lightroom which I just got recently and have been using is an excellent photo editing program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
Adobe Lightroom which I just got recently and have been using is an excellent photo editing program.
Except that Lightroom isn't a photo-editing program, so I'm not sure how you can consider it excellent for editing photos.

Lightroom is a storage & management program with a few RAW features and some very minor adjustment features built-in. It's by no means a full editor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Hi, I've used iPhoto for 2yrs. I don't have the time to learn photo apps that are for professionals. I've downloaded trials of a few, but still not settled. What I really want to do is 2 things
1. Remove unwanted elements from background
2. Remove/Add colour to only 1 element
That's it.
Do you have any suggestions on an app that will let me do these 2 things?
Thank you kindly,
Deb

debkim, unfortunately, those things you want to do are not "easy" things to do, so your title request for an EASY photo editor likely won't bear fruit. To do what you want, you need an editor with good selection tools and lots of them, a clone stamp tool and color replacement tools. That really narrows the field, down to about:

1/ Photoshop
2/ Photoshop Elements
3/ GIMP

I would welcome input from other forum members if they know of others of this ilk, but you need a pretty accomplished (and hence unfortunately not "easy") photo editor to do these things.

Personally, if you have the money, I would recommend Photoshop Elements. GIMP next, and Photoshop itself only if you are really serious (since it costs a really SERIOUS amount of money!!).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.