Ram

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
newegg.com is my absolute favorite on-line source for computer components. Excellent prices, fast and friendly service.

And according to this document on Apple's site, the memory you found is correct.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That's the exact model I ordered for my Macbook. It took 5 minutes to install and the computer has been flying ever since. I highly recommend both G.skill and Newegg :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
I bought the MacBook with its original 1 GB RAM. So If I need to upgrade to 2GB do I need to buy one or two 1GB RAM? cheers ...

OP
GulfVetSAF
Reaction score
More than likely you have two 512 sticks of ram, so you'll have to buy two 1 GB sticks... check under system profile

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
More than likely you have two 512 sticks of ram, so you'll have to buy two 1 GB sticks... check under system profile

You're right ... thanks ..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2Ghz, 2GB ram, 500 gb HD
I will be buying this along with a White Mac Book from newegg next Wednesday!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's the exact model I ordered for my Macbook. It took 5 minutes to install and the computer has been flying ever since. I highly recommend both G.skill and Newegg :black:

Thanks for this assurance. I bought my MacBook in the US when I was there last December but thought now of upgrading the memory to 2GB. I have to make sure that when I have the RAMs ordered that it is really compatible and will work well with the MacBook because I am in New Zealand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz C2D MacBook 2GB RAM 80GB HD
I was running fine with 1GB. But it's really flying now with 2GB running MacOS and XP at the same time. The RAM I got on newegg.com is the Kingston so I can't speak for the G.skill. From the reviews it looks like you're making a safe bet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Thanks for this assurance. I bought my MacBook in the US when I was there last December and thought of upgrading to 2GB RAM. I plan to order this and have it shipped to New Zealand.

PLEASE IGNORE. THIS GOT REPOSTED TWICE. I THOUGHT THE OTHER ONE DIDN'T GO. SORRY.

Reaction score
I think everybody here would highly recommend newegg, it's very reliable. I bought my ram from there and had an excellent buying experience. I didn't buy that brand though so can't review on that. Good luck!

Reaction score
I am most likely going to buy a macbook soon. I am wondering what peoples opinion on whether I should buy a macbook direct from apple store with 2gb of ram, or buy ram similar to this and install it myself. I've seen a video of someone getting to the ram in a macbook and it looks pretty simple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should definitely buy and install the RAM yourself as you will save A LOT of money this way. Apple charges a ridiculous premium to upgrade your system from 1GB to 2GB. If possible, get your system with 512MB of RAM (I think this option is only available on the cheapest model) and then upgrade to save even more money.

Like I said in my earlier post, it took me just 5 minutes to do the upgrade. For an inexperienced person, it would probably only take 10 minutes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz C2D MacBook 2GB RAM 80GB HD
Since doing it yourself doesn't void Apple's warranty I'd go for it. Unless money is no object.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Black MacBook 160GB HD 2GB RAM
I think everybody here would highly recommend newegg, it's very reliable. I bought my ram from there and had an excellent buying experience. I didn't buy that brand though so can't review on that. Good luck!

What brand did you buy? Would you recommend the brand you bought?

OP
GulfVetSAF
Reaction score
I purchased 2 GB from NewEgg.com for $109.00 compared to Apple's $350.00. It hasn't arrived yet, but I've asked several members within this forum about them and I haven't had one negative remark... I'll let you know when it comes... but generally speaking, ram is ram (more or less) and if the sticks don't work, you send them back... I've bought non-brand name sticks for my PC's and never had any issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, I saw this posted in another thread. I was curious if anyone has purchased sticks from this site and if this link is what I need for my macbook?

Appreciate the input.

Scott

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231116

I went to the link and viewed the product and the reviews. The reviews from both PC and MacBook and MacBook Pro users who bought and installed it in their laptops were all positive so I am ordering one.

Reaction score
Installing/Upgrading RAM is quite easy as you point out.

should I buy a macbook direct from apple store with 2gb of ram, or buy ram similar to this and install it myself. I've seen a video of someone getting to the ram in a macbook and it looks pretty simple.

Just FYI, if you upgrade your MacBooks RAM on the "Production Line" so to speak, which is when you order it from Apple, the cost of RAM is comparable to any 3rd Party RAM provider. It's only when you go to Apple later and try to upgrade or buy RAM that they seem to double their RAM prices ....

I have noticed recently (Thanks Zoolook) that Crucial.com were selling RAM at roughly half price to what I paid for the 2 X 1Gb I bought recently, SO, it's worth checking out if Apple has also dropped their asking prices before making any decisions. Having said that, always make sure you check the specs of the RAM your Mac uses and always be mindful to install/seat the RAM properly if you do it yourself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just FYI, if you upgrade your MacBooks RAM on the "Production Line" so to speak, which is when you order it from Apple, the cost of RAM is comparable to any 3rd Party RAM provider. It's only when you go to Apple later and try to upgrade or buy RAM that they seem to double their RAM prices ....

Looking at the Macbook, Apple charges $175 to upgrade from 1GB to 2GB. Newegg's cheapest 2x1GB set is $104.99 and Crucial's price is $119.99. So not exactly comparable, but not horrendously overpriced either. But you're right about buying it later costing an arm and a leg. Apple charges $350 for 2x1GB modules!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.