Multiple Users Problem

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm a new mac user and I made a mistake that's been frustrating me and I hope I could get some help from you guys.

I was trying to rename my User name (the one with the house icon) and change the icon. Well I did that and everything seemed to work, but when I restarted the original was back and the computer was using it as the default. So basically I have my computer scattered between two users now, and I was wondering if I need to go into something deeper that I'm not aware of besides renaming the file in the finder to fix this.

Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Yea you screwed up good and proper didn't you...lol

As far as I know you can't rename the Username, however do a Search, I'm sure this issue came up recently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
u could create a new account, and allow it to administer ur computer...then use that one...and u can drag all of your files from ur old account into the shared folder and access it from the other account...although im sure there is a much easier way to do that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.