Wanted: Programmer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
Hi,

I need a programmer to create a custom app for me that can be used with phplivesupport (http://phplivesupport.com).

It need to be the Mac equivalent of their winapp. And being on the taskbar would be great. I think it just calls the PHP and MySql data and pretty much displays it as a web page but no too sure.

If anyone is interested please PM me, or if you know somone who can do it please forward their details.

Many thanks,

Adam

PS. This is a genuine request for paid work !

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
anybody?

how about creating a stand alone app that displays a web page?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
**MOD - Could you move to Darwin and Development**

Thanks

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I just checked out that url, but could find no application or indication of what you're looking for...

Perhaps link to the windows version of the application or add a screenshot so people can get a rough idea of what you need!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I think this is what the requester is talking about.

Looks like they made a front end that allows the support person a general overview of the server and a basic automated notification system so the person could be doing other things on their system until a notice pops up. When the support person is ready, they do not have to independently start a web browser because the the tool uses IE in some manner.

Perhaps this is a job for a developer who knows Webkit and can figure out the messages occuring between this client and the server. I wonder about the voice communication part of this app though.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry to bump an old thread but I am still looking for someone to do this. I posted on a couple of freelance site but the quotes were near £3k. I know enough to know that that is way too much for what I need!

As I run parallels for testing things in Windows I purchased and downloaded the win app, so if anyone wants to take a look at that in action to see what I'm after let me know. Needless to say that within two hours the bloody thing stopped working lol. Dontcha miss Windows?!

I have read that there was once a java applet for phplivesupport but I can't find it anywhere.

So please, anyone - please PM me if you think you can do the job, or know someone who might be interested.

This is a genuine request for paid work!

Thanks

Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Adam, I'm wondering why you think £3k is to much.

Designing, coding, debugging, etc, and implementing your request from scratch takes time. There is also the research required to figure out the protocol used. If someone could do the whole thing in 80 hours that is £37.5 an hour, about US$74/hr. That doesn't sound bad for an experienced Cocoa developer, who are rare compared to Windows developers.

How much time do you think this will take and how much were you thinking of paying? Do you have the technical specs of the communication protocol? Do you have some design guidelines (expectations) for the outcome you are looking for? Are you using your own dedicated server, or the hosted option of PHP Live?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well it's too much for several reason.

The main one being that phplive support only cost me $160 so I'm not going to spend £3k on an addon.

I can also progam simple programs for Windows and know that it shouldn't take an experienced Mac programmer that long to do it as it is a very simple app - 90% of the work is done on the server, it just calls a web page. The only maybe difficult bits would be popping it in the menu bar and having notifications but then I could do away with this.

Adam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.