Apple's Care Plan?

J

Joeytpg

Guys, is it worth it to spend that amound of dollars on Apple's care plan?...

does it really work?...i mean...do apple REALLY makes it worth ?

i think i'm going for a refurbished 15 powerbook, and i was thinking that maybe i should get the Care plan, cuz it's like having the Warranty for 3 whole years and who know.....maybe if it need repairing, or maybe if it [messes] up i can rely on the Care plan.

Who has Apple's care plan here?....is it worth it?

A comment on that please! :D

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I only recommend it if you have a laptop....I have a 15" and it has already saved me 150 bucks (cost 300 and i have had 450 bucks in repairs) by having the plan

OP
J

Joeytpg

trpnmonkey41 said:
I only recommend it if you have a laptop....I have a 15" and it has already saved me 150 bucks (cost 300 and i have had 450 bucks in repairs) by having the plan

ok........i think i'm gonna get the plan....it seems cool

OP
M

manhattanmonkey

I am going to get an eMac and have been wondering about this. I'll be on a college campus, so chances are, if something goes wrong that is out of my control, I should be able to find someone on camput to help, right?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've bought AppleCare for my iBook, iMac, and iPod. It's already saved me money on the iPod. Overall I think it's a good value, especially if you think you're ever going to need to call Apple tech support after the initial 90 days. For laptops I think it's a must have.

OP
M

manhattanmonkey

So maybe I should definitely spring for it when I purchase the iPod, but not worry as much with eMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For desktop computers I don't think it's as big an issue as with portable devices. The only bonus is getting the longer tech support, but with great forums like this to come to for answers, you may be ok!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
One other thing you should consider: certain credit cards offer 1-year extended warranties for anything you buy with them. Especially the "Gold" or "Platinum" cards, or American Express.

That gives you a two-year warranty out of the box, and it doesn't cost you anything (if you pay it off right away. :) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good point technologist! The cool thing about Amex at least is that their extended warranty starts after any manufacturer's warranty, including AppleCare. I double checked when I bought my iMac w/ AppleCare and they said yes, their extra year would start after the 3 years of AppleCare.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
When I bought my new iMac (17") last week they gave me a free memory upgrade (for the not-user-friendly slot) from 256mb to 512mb, so I bought the Apple Care for $169 and walked out with a new iMac w/ 512mb RAM. I added a second stick of 512mb RAM (for a total of 1GB) and have the security of the warranty for 3 years.

I think its a great value already.

rberry88

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.