defaults in a different language

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17" intel core duo, 512mb,160gb, super-drive
I am still finding my way around my imac, and i was just wondering why all of my defaults in iworks or pages, and iweb come up in a different language. I am not sure if this is normal or if there is some way that i could change them to come up in english. For example, when i was trying to make a web page with iweb and i would click on the about me page, etc..all of the preset stuff was in german, or some other language. I just thought that was how it was, but today i opened the pages program and when i would click on a template to open, all of the preset writing in that was in the same language. My computer was a refurb, is it possible that the person who had it before me was from a different country or is this how it is supposed to show up..any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
try Apple (upper left) -> System Preferences -> International (under personal) and make sure english is at the top of the list

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17" intel core duo, 512mb,160gb, super-drive
try Apple (upper left) -> System Preferences -> International (under personal) and make sure english is at the top of the list

I did that and english was on the top of the list, however everything is still in the other language. Is it supposed to be in a different language or is it just that way on my imac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.