Mayor compatability problem/ samsung/ mac mini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini 1.5 GHz PowerPC G4, iPod 30Gb.
Hey guys, well i'm kind of desperate right now with mi situation. The thing is that I was given a Samsung Miniket as a gift, and I haven't been able to use it whatsoever on mi mac mini. Whenever I drag the videos from the camera onto my desktop and play them, well I can only hear the audio from the original video and am able to see only a white backdrop. Anyway, what i've found out is that the format is .avi but it needs the SEDG codec.... i'm really stumped on this matter, this camera has just been a nightmare... it's supposed to be amazing, but I litteraly can't use it, it's even supposed to be a pretty dandy webcam, but guess what.... it doesn't work either even when i downloaded the USB webcam driver from the apple webpage....

anybody with some advice or solutions would be very useful!!

thanks,

mannie.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/8929p1.html

Check #16 and#28. Someone made a converter!!! Otherwise you Hex Edit the file.

Edit, the URL for the converter was pulled but if you read down farther someone gave the code. It's post #19. Either that or you can HEX edit the header on the AVI file like they suggested.

Reaction score
Vote for a new mayor.

(sorry ... I tried to resist but after about 20 minutes I just gave in)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
GREAT..just one thing!

http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/8929p1.html

Check #16 and#28. Someone made a converter!!! Otherwise you Hex Edit the file.

Edit, the URL for the converter was pulled but if you read down farther someone gave the code. It's post #19. Either that or you can HEX edit the header on the AVI file like they suggested.

Hey thanks, I actually did end up in that web page, but the whole tech language thing confused me.... so now, i found the code you told me...but, i´m reeeally not sure where to insert it so that the vids work... let me see what i can do, but i f you happen to know...it would be great if you told me!!! Thanks so much!!

mannie.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Hey thanks, I actually did end up in that web page, but the whole tech language thing confused me.... so now, i found the code you told me...but, i´m reeeally not sure where to insert it so that the vids work... let me see what i can do, but i f you happen to know...it would be great if you told me!!! Thanks so much!!

mannie.

That code in that one message has to be complied into a script. I will this evening see if I can do that for you. The only other way is to HEX edit the movie itself and change the headers. I will get back to you later this evening.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks so much man... it´s pretty hard to find good orientation sometimes, on the dime!! thanks...

mannie.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BUMP.... anybody got a clue? :S

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.