Epson R800 problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Powermac 2x1.8 Ghz, 80Gb internal HD, 1.25Gb ram
Have just installed OS10.4 and nowfind that my mac cannot find my Epson R800 printer which was working perfectly on OS10.3 on both firewire and USB. It now tells me there it cannot find the printer and when I check in the print monitor I can see the printer in USB but not in Firewire.

When trying to print in USB I get the same problem.. The USB works perfectly on my PC laptop.

I have downloaded the latest drivers from the Epson site and reinstalled the printer drivers from the apple disc but still no joy. Can anyone shed some light and helop get my printer working.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Have you tried anything else in that Firewire port?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Powermac 2x1.8 Ghz, 80Gb internal HD, 1.25Gb ram
Thanks for the reply. The firewire port is operating ok as I have an external firewire HD and it is operating fine. I have disconnected the HD and connected the printer directly to the firewire (bypassing the firewire daisy chain) and still no joy. The USB port is not printing either yet the USB prints perfectly on a PC laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4-933, PB-1.25, TiBook-1Ghz
I had a similar problem with the 4800 I have. I had to delete everything that was Epson and do a clean install of the drivers. That worked for me. Also repaired permissions after the cleaning.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.