How do you change the city location in weather widget?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.16 GHz 15" MBP C2D 2.33 GHz 2GB RAM, Black Video iPod 80GB
Hi,

Was just wondering how you go about changing the location for the weather widget? I was able to get my city in there but its not displaying any weather info. Please let me know how to fix this. Thanks!

Kelvin

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi,

Was just wondering how you go about changing the location for the weather widget? I was able to get my city in there but its not displaying any weather info. Please let me know how to fix this. Thanks!

Kelvin

Click the 'i' in the lower right-corner of the widget. Type your zip/postal code. Press the tab key to navigate from the field and it should say "validating" for a few seconds. If your zip code is recognized, just hit done and it should now display the correct city's weather forecast. If it can't validate your zip/postal code, it might be that accuweather.com doesn't have any data for that area. Try an adjacent zip code or one for a larger city in your immediate area.

OP
Dice-K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.16 GHz 15" MBP C2D 2.33 GHz 2GB RAM, Black Video iPod 80GB
awesome, it worked! Thanks for your help!

Kelvin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Never used dashboard until now, and google brought me to this 2+yo thread ....Thanks cwa :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.