Multiple monitors, losing pointer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
I've just started to use an 18" LCD in Portrait mode alongside my Powerbook. The portrait orientation is great for certain things (Word docs, browsing, etc).

But I keep losing my mouse pointer. Anybody who uses multiple monitors frequently got any tips for keeping track of the little blighter?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
Looks perfect - thanks.

Next question... If I have, say, Safari, set to open in the 2nd monitor, and the 2nd monitor's turned off, providing it's still plugged in OS X still sends Safari to the second monitor even though I can't see it. And if I can't see it, I can't drag it back to the first monitor. How'd I solve that, apart from disconnecting the second monitor or turning it on? It's hardly the end of the world but I'm interested to know if there's an easy way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Go to system preferences_> Displays and under 'arrangement' click the 'Mirror' displays box. (that might force you to a lower resolution though)

Or simply hook up an external keyboard and mose, close your powerbook, wait for it to sleep, then press a keyboard button.

Your powerbook will wake up again and you'll only run the external display.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.