Send keystrokes across network??

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any software to allow keystokes to we sent across a network, preferably from a pc to a mac. I have a piece of hardware that will not work on intel macs that i use to trigger a video server program called katalyst by sending keystrokes into the system. So i am looking for a way of installing it into a seperate windows machine/parallels running on the same system, or last resort another mac, and then capturing the keystrokes on that machine and sending them by network to the Mac Pro to be played back into the system.

Anyone got any ideas, all my googleing to now has come to nothing :(

Cheers

Gareth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Look into VNC...
It will allow you to remotely access a second computer and "Remote control" it.

You can then operate the software remotely...

Or have I misunderstood the specific problem? (I'm not too sure why you would need to send back keystrokes from a remote machine and send them mac to your Mac Pro).

OP
G
Reaction score
No that is not what i want, basically all i need to do is have one computer, probably a pc connected by a network to a mac pro. Then when i press the letter "d" on the pc i want the mac to think that someone has pressed the letter d on it's keyboard. I will have a look into vnc as that may work if i used the pc to open a session on the mac, but it's a bit overkill for what i need, i just want to send the keyboard stuff without having to worry about sending video streams over an already quite stretched network.

Cheers

Gareth

OP
G
Reaction score
Cheers jay that looks like a really cool piece of software, i may indeed give that a try on my home network!!

It's still not quite what i am looking for, i am starting to think that what i am looking for doesn't exist. Maybe i shall have to bite the bullet and try and write something myself, hmm.

Cheers

Gareth

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.