Issues with my Macbook Pro

Reaction score
I've had some hardware related issues with my macbook pro recently, firstly the touchpad button sticks from time to time and I have to either push it down really hard to pop it back up or try to pull it up myself. Secondly there's a really noticable dip where the superdrive is located that's crushing the drive, the top flap of the superdrive now sticks out by a lot, a dvd got stuck in there and I had to push the top part of the slot up by a bit with a ruler to get it to chuck out a part of the disk so I could take it out.

I've only had it for a month, so would it still be covered? I didn't buy the applecare package.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
You have one year on the warranty, and 90 days return policy. I suggest you take advantage of it and return the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Did something fall on it? I cannot imagine what would be causing a dip near the superdrive or any buldging in the case itself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Take it back and get it replaced. It would take a great deal of heat or weight to casue what you are describing..they are pretty strong. Has it been like that since you purchased it?

OP
L
Reaction score
Maybe it's heat? I did a lot of really graphics and cpu heavy stuff like gaming, etc that caused temps of up to 68 degrees C maximum, but I didn't let it get any higher than that.

Nothing ever fell on it, I guess I'll just get it replaced... *sigh* I think there was a slight dip at one point, but now it's just getting larger and larger and I have no idea why, would apple kick up a fuss if I ask for a replacement? Also I got the glossy screen with mine so will I be able to get a replacement with a glossy screen?

backing up all of my files is gonna be a nightmare :(

Reaction score
From reviews I have read, Apple do have good customer service, and I do have some experience with it(in Singapore) when my iPod earphones run into some problems.

However, apple's quality control is really quite bad,even though it is a premium product

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.