20 Inch Cinema Display Not Full Screen

Reaction score
I connected my G4 1.67 Powerbook to my 20 Inch Cinema Display using the DVI cable. However, it does not let me get full screen when I set it to it's highest resolution 1620 or something. I can only get full screen on my cinema display at 1280 by 800 which is acceptable but not as desireable. Does anyone know if it is possible to utilize the Cinema Display's highest resolution?

Thanks for helping, I'm new here.

EDIT: To clarify, if I use the highest setting, the screen will only be in the middle of the monitor and it is black all around it. I see my whole screen but it is just a small rectangle in the middle at the highest resolution.

OP
A
Reaction score
I figured it out. For whatever reason it may be, my monitor automatically changed to the highest setting as soon as I closed my powerbook cover. I always thought that I could not close it and use it as a desktop. However, after doing it, everything is working fine and dandy. Hope this helps anyone else who may be having the same problem.

Reaction score
With your powerbook conected to the display go to System Prefs > Display. This should then give two dialogue boxes. One on your Apple Display and one on your Powerbook. You should then be able to change the resolutoins for each screen and be able to get the 1680X1050 res on the Display.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.