Final Cut Pro Project Files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac G4 800Mhz, 256Mbs RAM, 8x CD burner
Hi,

I've been doing video editing on this old G4 (800Mhz, 256Mbs RAM, doesn't even have a DVD drive) and since I can't afford any new piece of hardware you can pretty much guess the amazingly short amount of time it takes to export work (heavy sarcasm alert).

I was wondering lately, if there's any way I can open the project file with my Windows system simply to export the movie, it's a much more powerful machine and would reduce my export times by a good percentage. Would save me a many a sleepless nights :(
Or maybe some way to make the Windows machine work slaved to it.. Anything to reduce export times apart from changing the quality of the movie and bit-rate

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Welcome to the forums, DarkLord7854!

Unfortunately, there's no way to do what you're asking. Just too many incompatibilities.

Sell the Windows box and get a PowerMac!

OP
DarkLord7854
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac G4 800Mhz, 256Mbs RAM, 8x CD burner
Thank you for the welcome and reply :)

I've been wanting to buy a G5 or MackBook Pro (for college neat year), I'm just a bit bummed by how expensive Macs are and I do have some qualms with OSX to be honest (though the same can be said about Windows, just that I haven't managed to make my OSX as stable as my Windows one).

Final Cut Studio 2 has me rather excited being a simple student video artist.

I just wish there was a way you could like, hook up several computers together and use them as external processors basically to reduce render/export/load times.

Money is always a problem these days :S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Thank you for the welcome and reply :)

I've been wanting to buy a G5 or MackBook Pro (for college neat year), I'm just a bit bummed by how expensive Macs are and I do have some qualms with OSX to be honest (though the same can be said about Windows, just that I haven't managed to make my OSX as stable as my Windows one).

Final Cut Studio 2 has me rather excited being a simple student video artist.

I just wish there was a way you could like, hook up several computers together and use them as external processors basically to reduce render/export/load times.

Money is always a problem these days :S

You may want to take a look at Apple's refurbs

Mine looks and works like its brand new, you still get the full protection of Applecare, and you save a good amount! Also if you must buy new, Apple has a great education discount.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.