Apple Keyboards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3 350MHz, 256MB Ram, OS X 10.3.9
Okay, I got this Apple Keyboard matching my iMac when I got my iMac. I used it for a week, I got tired of it. I smashed it, anyone feel that Apple needs to make better keyboards?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I've never had any issues with Apple keyboards. I have always found them responsive, comfortable, and stylish.
If you or anyone doesn't like it, then nothing to worry about. You can use any USB keyboard with your Mac and put the Apple one aside (smashing it was a bit silly and over the top, IMO :black:).

OP
unhappyending
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3 350MHz, 256MB Ram, OS X 10.3.9
I know. I'm using Synergy right now. Sharing my keyboard and my mouse with my PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
I LOVE the apple keyboards. I think they feel great, have great response and look great. What more could someone ask for?

I absolutely loved the keyboard on my powerbook as well. I am not loving the macbook keyboard as much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I got a new Imac few months ago, it took time for me to get used to the new keyboard, I enjoy it and find it great for typing reports.

Reaction score
I am not loving the macbook keyboard as much.
You could always "smash " it.
shocked-smiley-9449.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
I have the apple wireless keyboard, and love it!!

Yes, it's stylish also...but the key strokes are great, very confortable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
i love the set up of the keys and i type extra fast on this keyboard- but I've found when playing WoW where a single missed keystroke could cost you your life (hahaha) it, sucks, for lack of a better word. But im not realy playing anymore so im not worried about it. plus, it matches tooo good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
The M7803 apple keyboard was the best apple keyboard ever made.

The thing is, I like keyboards that wear down and get softer to the touch the more you use them. For instance, if you never really use the num-pad, then it will be the same as when you first got it, but the home keys would be broken in and really easy to depress. The M7803 and most microsoft keyboards are great for this.

With that said I would like to say that I do NOT like the new generation of apple keyboard. They just won't break in. High five to the designers who made a keyboard that will last forever and will never lose its toughness, but I just don't enjoy the trouble I have with pressing the keys down. Call me a wimp, but I think using a keyboard should not require effort. That's why I love my powerbook's keyboard. It takes no effort what so ever to use.

On that note, I hadn't used a one of the new generation apple laptop's for any sort of coding or word processing until yesterday. I used a macbook for about 4 hours last night, and I was really disappointed with the new "spaced out effect" of the keys. Does anyone else feel this way?

Is anyone else looking forward to that new keyboard apple insider predicts will come with new iMacs?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.