What Da Heck Is Going On!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
HELLO FOLKS,

as some of you might already know from my previous posts, I just got my new MacBook yesterday, and I AM LOVING.

So I wanted to compliment my awesome new acquistion with a nice wireless router, so I went and Got the D-Link router with the Rangebooster, plugged it in and went through all the steps and BAM its crapping out on me, all of a sudden it doesn't want to let me back on the Setup page after just saving the new router password (and for the sarcastic of you, YEST I DID BUT IN THE NEW PASSWORD!) so I reset the router to default settings and try again same crap, Reset one more time and try to go online with no changes, I can't go online wireless but I can go if I am plugged into the router, only intermettent mind you!!

So I tossed it to the curb and exchange it for a Linksys WRT54GS with Signal Booster for $69.99, an extra $20 but at least a better product, right WROOONG, I plug the linksys in, follow the steps (and by the way, how much did Microsoft Pay Linksys to have their logos all over the box!) and still same crap like the D-Link, so I was Furious, for all the obvious reasons. So I called them thinking that may be am doing something wrong! For some reason the guy from the Support line was mighty disappointed that am running MAC!!! anyways after 1 full hour of trying and resetting he tells sorry, the Router is bad!!! AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHH:radioacti

That just sucks. let me know if am doing something wrong on my end that you folks might know of, and I am back to best buy to exchange the router 1 more time :bomb:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Dude, I totally feel your pain. It took me 2 routers to get mine up and running wirelessly (and a £50 price increase on buying the second one...grrrr)... after 3 days I was about to throw everything out the window! Luckily my friend came round and managed to sort it within 10 minutes! Words cannot express how happy I was!!

I'm sorry I'm no help, I just wanted to let you know that I've been there and I'm sure it's a simple problem that one of these fine people can help resolve.

There is wireless heaven at the end of the tunnel my friend! Breathe and count to ten....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
hmm, that is odd. If i was there I could probably sort it out but sounds like you're not doing anything wrong. Are you trying to set it up from a wired connection? I have a D-Link 624 haven't had any problems with it but I haven't tried my mac on it yet. Just hook it up and sign into to 192.168.0.1 and configure it. I dont' have much experience with linksys they use some program for their's don't they? My mom has a linksys at her place.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Flick, thanks a lot man, at least I know am not alone... you know what they say, misery likes company :D

OSURico, always good to hear from a fellow new switcher :D and you guessed it rite, I haven't done anything wrong, actually its one of my first times ever looking at the instructions... GO FIGURE.

Well now I just got back from BestBuy and most staff is telling me they use this NetGear SuperG router so I have it with me now and am gonna give it a shot, and we'll see how it goes.

I will let ya know.

Again cheers for both of ya and thanks for your support, if not technical, flick :D , at least emotional.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Allrighty Then!!

Its just amazing how many people on here were talking real bad about NetGear! and signing the praises for both Linksys and D-link... which I tended to bite into because I always used linksys and D-link, but look at THAT!

As mentioned above both failed me miserably, and Espcially the Linksys, since I opened the box and it was just singing the praises of Windows XP and how its the recommended OS with IE to work and setup their router.

Anyways, I plugged in the NetGear and voila! as soon as I started Safari I was logged in to the Router Setup page, no IPs to type to programs to run (WOW!) went throught a couple of clicks, set up my network name (MacManiac :bomb: ) and I was done!!!! in 12 minutes exactly and I am online and WIRELESS BABY :D

Again thanks for all the support.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
Glad to hear ya got it working.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you sir, and I am loving being wireless again

Hip Hip Hooray :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Yay! I'm so glad you sorted it. Best feeling in the world huh? Enjoy ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.