Grey Screen With Folder Icon and ?mark, flashing!! HELP!

Reaction score
hi guys im new so sorry if this has been posted before, i tryed to look but couldnt find anything!

Ok so i was watching that show 'Grease is the word' on my miglia tv thing, and it froze, (like it normally does becuase it sometimes gets confused with mobile phone signals, cos i use a small arial) so i held down the power button, also like ive done many times before, which then it starts up again normally and works perfectly....but when i switched it back on this time, the grey screen came up, with 'the start sound' but there was a faint clicking near the cd/dvd loading slot, and after about 3mins instead of the Apple Grey Logo, up came a folder icon with a ? in it, flashing, and thats how it stays! :(

if any1 has AnY advice or anything to say, atall, would be much appreaciated! thankyou!

have scheduled an appointment with my local apple store, but have to wait 3days, and it has uni work on it to be given in before then!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Reaction score
I just had that exact problem with mine. I brought it in to the apple repair shop and apparantly the hard drive fried :(.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
I just had that exact problem with mine. I brought it in to the apple repair shop and apparantly the hard drive fried :(.

Yeah, sometimes it can be the hard drive, but i try not to scare people. I always like to give a little hope.:flower:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.