sharing files mac-->pc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16ghz, 2GB RAM, 160gb HDD
hi guys, i recently got my macbook and have some problems sharing my mac files with my PC. I have a wireless network at home and my macbook is connected through wireless while my pc is with a cable.

Now i can connect to my PC quite simply and access all the files needed, but i cannot do the same from PC --> Mac... I have tried turning on windows sharing etc but it still doesnt seem to work!

I try to connect through IE to my macbook with an address but it sayd cannot be resolved or such.

Also, im not sure which folder on my mac is sharable, and whether i can select which folders i want to share (or is it all the folders?)

I have turned off all antiviruses/firewalls on PC and still doesnt work.

P.S is there any way to connect two laptops if both have inbuilt wireless? and how.

Thank you!

OP
laimonas.s
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
come on guys :( nobody shares files between mac/pc???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I'm not sure what the issue is. But if you look on windows sharing in your system preferences page it shows you at the bottom the address you should point you pc to. Just enter that address as it shows into your browser and it should come up. If your still having issues try mapping a new drive from windows explorer. The mac disk should show up in the browser if you have windows sharing enabled.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Wireless networks have two potential modes: Infrastructure and Ad-Hoc. Infrastructure is the one generally used and is the one you want when you have access points or wireless routers involved. Ad-Hoc is when you have two or more systems that have wireless NICs that you want communicating with each other. I've never done Ad-Hoc myself, so I don't know if it 'just works' or if you need to assign IP addresses or what. But that may give you a place to start googling to find out.

OP
laimonas.s
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks guys! that was very helpful :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.