my macbook won't close : (

Reaction score
it seems the front that you press to pop it open is jammed in somehow. i didn't pour syrup on it or anything, so im kind of worried. is there a way i can open 'er up and fix it? or should i just use some thin wire-type things to pull it forward? has anyone else had this problem?

ive had mine for just over a year, and i didnt buy apple care, so im not worried about ruining any warranty.

any help would be appreciated, its been a great computer so far, no other complaints, other than the wierd sound it makes when ejecting dvds and waking up

if youve got an answer for me, thanks a lot for your patience!

tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I just had a look at the mechanism and I cant really see how it works...2 pins somehow dop into the slot. When you push the release button on front it pushes a relase bar back, letting go of the pins.
If I had to guess they move centre to outer sides approx half inch left and right of push relase button
Sorry I cant help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
If there is a MAC store near you, I would bring it by there and see what they have to say. They may fix it in moments for free.

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks guys, i think thats all the info i'd need. im going to just take it in. i think im just afraid they'd charge $40,000 for the repair or something. its not really a fix-at-home kind of thing really. cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
The guys and gals at the store in my area are great, I would feel comfortable saying they would do it for free if its a simple fix. Also, if it is a common issue they will know exactly what it is and be able to do it fast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I am glad to hear. Maybe when you find out what the problem was you could post it so that next time we can give the correct advice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.