iTunes Store: A Look Back in Time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Having a little mileage on me I've been looking through the iTunes Store. I've actually bought a few songs from the store since Going Mac.

Tonight I had a rather odd experience. I found music from Alan Parsons in the iTunes Store. It would appear the universe is being quite whimsical tonight, as the albums I sampled were "I, Robot" and "Eye In The Sky". I say!

(For anyone who is unaware, Alan Parsons produced Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon". He also founded the Alan Parsons Project, which created many record albums. While sometimes a bit uneven, the Alan Parsons Project created some excellent music.)

Anyway, I was sampling "Step By Step" from "Eye". Geez I loved that song years ago. I remember listening to it and being almost hypnotized by it. That's when it hit me. "Eye" is 20 to 25 years old. Eeeek! It's more than that though. It was reliving or perhaps even reviving an experience from when I was much younger. It's been years since I've heard that, and for a moment I went back to that earlier time. That was weird. I'm happy where I am now, and I'm not one for looking back, but for a moment there I was.

I had (and probably still have) both of those albums on vinyl. Over the years I've looked at getting them on CD, but just haven't done it. Now the iTunes Store holds copies of them for me should I choose to indulge.

Maybe I should go listen to some Massive Attack, watch "Live With Me", and if not, listen to Nocturnes by Chopin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I can understand how you are feeling. I listened to The Sex pistols "God save the Queen" today only to realize it is 30years old this July I think (Came out 1977).I can remember buying the album and taking it home to listen to.The BBC had banned the album from playing on the radio. I felt really cool I can remember.... Happy Days

PS I'm also a big Massive attack fan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.