Airport Extreme losing printing capabilities. Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.0GHz, Airport Extreme, 3G iPod Nano
Ok,

I have my network set up with the new airport extreme. Aside from the fact that it periodically loses connectivity (wired & wireless), now my USB printer no longer shows up in Bonjour. I tried to access it from my MacBook and my PC. Neither Airport utility (on the Mac & PC) is able to detect a USB printer. However, iDisk is still accessible. I figured it may have something to do with the USB hub connecting the drive and printer to the AE, so I decided to connect the printer directly. Again, no such luck.

I am reluctant to reset the router because - contrary to what Apple may want you to believe - setting it up is a pain.

Reaction score
That happened to me once or twice and all I did was quickly unplug Airport Extreme, plug it back in, and all was fine. I just updated the printer driver so maybe that will prevent the problem from happening again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.