WiFi speed in Macbook pro slow

Reaction score
Hi pals

Can anybody tell me, is there any specific settings that I need to do to speed up my wireless internet access in macbook pro!?
This questions comes up in my mind as it is kind of worrying me as I can very clearly see there is a considerable difference in speed between my fujitsu siemens-celsius notebook and my new macbook pro. In my PC notebook my browser is Internet Explorer and Safari in my mac, could this be the browser that is to take the blame?

thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi pals

Can anybody tell me, is there any specific settings that I need to do to speed up my wireless internet access in macbook pro!?
This questions comes up in my mind as it is kind of worrying me as I can very clearly see there is a considerable difference in speed between my fujitsu siemens-celsius notebook and my new macbook pro. In my PC notebook my browser is Internet Explorer and Safari in my mac, could this be the browser that is to take the blame?

thanks

What sort of wireless encryption are you using? If WPA, try WPA2 - we've had some reports of slowness using WPA.

Reaction score
Also, be sure you are comparing apples to apples (pardon the pun).

Make sure you're looking at web sites which neither computer has in cache. And obviously, don't go to sites that use ActiveX stuff.

My MBP is just as fast (throughput and web page rendering) as any of the PC notebooks I have.

Reaction score
I have Onyx and enabled an option to speed up Safari. The difference was extremely noticable. Sites loaded up a lot quicker...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.