The Macbook Has Landed :d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
GOOD MORNING FOLKS,

This is my first post from my BRAND SPANKIN NEW BLACK MACBOOK.

Good Lord, Its is so freakin Classy Lookin. Smooth operation on the software and hardware, took me under 10 minutes to boot up and set it up.

And did I say it looks Gorgeous :D

I will post Some Pictures little later. But I am now OFFICIALLY A MAC USER

Let me hear the Cheers... :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.16GHz Intel C2D, 2GB Ram, 120 GB HD
GOOD MORNING FOLKS,

This is my first post from my BRAND SPANKIN NEW BLACK MACBOOK.

Good Lord, Its is so freakin Classy Lookin.

And did I say it looks Gorgeous :D

I will post Some Pictures little later. But I am now OFFICIALLY A MAC USER

Let me hear the Cheers... :D

Congrats! Enjoy! It's so much fun! Started going through any third-party apps yet?

Smooth operation on the software and hardware, took me under 10 minutes to boot up and set it up.

A week ago during a work meeting, the Geek Squad supervisor was talking about setting up peoples laptops from the services we offer and said:

Best Buy Geek Squad Supervisor said:
Since booting Vista the first time takes at least 35 minutes, we need to make sure we...

I literally laughed out loud! Several there knew why I was laughing and just rolled their eyes at me!

Anyway, enjoy it! Let us know if you need any help!

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah am laughin with you brotha... lol

Just a question tho. How do I maxmize Safari to take the full screen. everytime I press the + sign it just makes it a hair bigger thats all but doesn't go full screen for some reason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.16GHz Intel C2D, 2GB Ram, 120 GB HD
OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
duh... lol

I should have known to resize... but in my defence all the excitement of having the Gorgeous Work Of Art in front of me, I just couldn't think straight.

Talking about thinking straight I just blew off work so I can wait for my MAC.

Hope am not in trouble. OH WELL LMAO

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
my macbook is now on it's way although it looks like it arrived just after the cut-off to fedex so may not ship out till tomorrow. Should have it by Friday.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Let me just tell you....

You'll be addicted :D
It just works so flawlessly its just amazing.
I already downloaded Skype and MSN (YUCK) Skype is great, but MSN isn't all that.

Man this is one heck of a robust software, works so fast and responsive its just amazing how I was blinded by windows for so darn long. doesn't matter how many apps are open they just all seem to work with no issues and no speed reduction.

And the Mail software is awesome, I was amazed at how easy was it to set it up to retrive my gmail account in just 1 minute flat.

I have to say this is one of my best decisions for the YEAR so far.

MAC is the way to go, and there is no turning back for me :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you want to use MSN, I suggest you check out Adium. MUCH better for instant messaging than MSN's own software.

And congrats on the Macbook. You'll be losing sleep for at least a week since you'll be up all night tinkering with it. It'll be one fun week though :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
haha sounds great, i got CS3 for when I get it. Hopefully it won't take too long.post some pics of it when ya can, maybe those will hold me over till mine arrives.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will post pictures later on today I promise.

And Kash, you are right, like mentioned before I already blew off work this morning so that I can endulge on the Macbook.

I was looking at Adium by the way, the only reason I wanted MSN was for Video Conferencing with Family Overseas, but since that isn't available on Adium either, at least not that they mentioned it on their website, Skype is actually the way to go.

The only bad thing I see so far, is that the Adapter for an external monitor came way too short, and I will need a male to male adapter to hook it up to my 19" monitor. But thats no big deal.

I still LOVE MY MACBOOK... and did I mention that the Black looks GORGEOUS.

You can am excited can't ya lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I mentioned Adium just for text-based messaging. For video, I'll agree that Skype is the way to go.

Also, the adapter was designed to be that short. It's just an adapter, you're supposed to provide the cable yourself. This is especially the case for people who already have the cabling in place, such as with projectors, and just want to plug the laptop in. It also lets you choose your own length, which is something many manufacturers have been doing lately to cut costs on their end. No point in giving a 6 foot cable when a significant percent of your customers need 9 foot cables.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You are rite on the Money Kash.

No I am not really complaining about it. Like am telling you I couldn't be happier having the Mac Book in front of me finally :D

By the way, this is one Kickin' Track Pad, its just amazing how using to fingers to scroll and to pull up the secondry menu, ie the Right Click. I always hated the Track Pad on my work Laptop (Windows), but this one just feels so right to use and makes like easier and less clustered.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh One question.

I was trying to pair the Macbook with My Bluetooth headset to use for Skype. but even tho the Macbook does detect it and it connects to it, I can't use it, no sound comes through for some reason. any suggestions.

Its a Jabra BT500.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
On the MSN thing, if you absolutely have to use MSN and need Video while doing so, there is AMsn. It does video over MSN.

http://cmq.qc.ca/4w/amsn/

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok...
This is a dumb question now.

All the pictures that I took are over 1 MB which is the limit for the forums. Also the link I put previously will ask you to create an account which is free to view the pix. but I really don't wanna put u through that, so what is the best way to downsize the pix so I can upload them. I know how to do it on PC but I would much rather do it on my MAC :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
Welcome to the world of Mac, MacBook to be specific. Wow, you have upgraded your HD and RAM. Macintosh only works with Skype if you want to have a video chat. YM and MSN don't support video chatting for Mac. Enjoy ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.