Finder Window + New File button in toolbar

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a question realted to the finder's toolbar:
it is easy to customize the toolbar and select some buttons that one may need in his work. For instance usually I add the "New Folder" button to the toolbar because in my work it comes in handy many times. How do I add a such button for craeting a new empty file ?

because I see that there is no such button by default, can I have a way to add a button to the toolbar that when pressed will execute an app/apple script/shell script(like "touch myNewFilen") ?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
You could try NuFile. It won't put a button in the toolbar, but it adds a contextual menu (right click) which does what you want.

a032.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Hello.

I have a question realted to the finder's toolbar:
it is easy to customize the toolbar and select some buttons that one may need in his work. For instance usually I add the "New Folder" button to the toolbar because in my work it comes in handy many times. How do I add a such button for craeting a new empty file ?

because I see that there is no such button by default, can I have a way to add a button to the toolbar that when pressed will execute an app/apple script/shell script(like "touch myNewFilen") ?

thanks

You CAN make a script/app and drag it on to the tool bar....
Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IjicxUA_Uk

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.