Add me to the switch list...

Reaction score
I wasn't sold by the Mac/PC adverts, funny though Mitchell & Webb (UK version) are. However, this might just make me do it... blummin Vista!

I had a bunch of digital photos that needed printing quickly. The nearby Boots store has a nice Kodak kiosk machine that does it all in a couple of minutes, so I copied the files to a blank CD-R and Finalised it using Vista’s built-in burning and toddled down to the shop.

Only to be told by the Kodak computer that the disc was not recognised, or blank – the tears in my eyes made it hard to tell which.

Anyway, guess what – I tried the same process on the office Mac with OS-X, copied the pictures, clicked Burn disc and off I toddled. No problem whatsoever! Mac 1 – Vista (a big fat) 0.

Full story at - www.goffee-freelance.co.uk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
well... congrats on switching. Glad you now are now using a computer system you enjoy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I wasn't sold by the Mac/PC adverts, funny though Mitchell & Webb (UK version) are. However, this might just make me do it... blummin Vista!

I had a bunch of digital photos that needed printing quickly. The nearby Boots store has a nice Kodak kiosk machine that does it all in a couple of minutes, so I copied the files to a blank CD-R and Finalised it using Vista’s built-in burning and toddled down to the shop.

Only to be told by the Kodak computer that the disc was not recognised, or blank – the tears in my eyes made it hard to tell which.

Anyway, guess what – I tried the same process on the office Mac with OS-X, copied the pictures, clicked Burn disc and off I toddled. No problem whatsoever! Mac 1 – Vista (a big fat) 0.

Full story at - www.goffee-freelance.co.uk

I haven't created any CDs, but if it works the same as copying DVDs, you have to make sure it's using the correct method. With DVDs it makes it so you can add and delete files from the disc with some kind of new system, and if you don't tell it to burn like a normal DVD, it won't be recognizable by other OSs, uncluding XP. Neat feature, but the default should be set to a classic burn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I've had Vista make a coaster when it threw up strange options and then started a countdown!

Everything's so much more effort with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I can't remember the last time I got a working CD out of a Windows machine. I've lost count of how many ruined Slipstreamed XP CDs I've thrown away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.