20" ACD or 23" ACD; that is the question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
Okay,
So i have had my MacBook for about half of a year now, and i think i getting close to ready to buy a new Apple Cinema Display. The main reason is that i do a lot of work in Photoshop and i could use the extra screen "real estate".

All i need to decide is if i should get the 20" or 23" screen. I am leaning towards the 23" for the size, but the 20" price is much more in my budget.

My question is; is the extra three inches of space going to make a big difference in the amount of screen i have to use? And is it worth the extra three hundred dollars?

And on another note, do you think that they are going to do a re-design any time soon?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
As I have said in another post, I hear people wishing they had a larger screen, never heard of anyone wishing they had a smaller screen on a desktop.

If you are looking to stay in budget, and don't have to just have Apple white, I would suggest considering the Dell 24" widscreen WUXGA. Don't know that I could bring myself to buying a Dell computer, but they do make some nice screens. It is currently on sale at $609. Has composite, s-video, component, vga and dvi connections. Is a great price for a nice monitor with the ability of connecting multiple devices. This screen has not been the editor's pick in it's size for the last 3 years or so in almost every PC magazine and site without reason.

OP
DavisCollins
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
any other opinions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4/4/320/Leopard, 12" PowerBook G4 1.5/1.25/80/Tiger
I second the vote for the 24" Dell. That's exactly my setup now -- Macbook to 2407WFP. Much cheaper than the Apple displays, with way more features (USB hub, card reader, multiple inputs, PiP, etc etc), and still quite beautiful (aluminum & black).

---Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.