in a nightclub environment

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2 ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram & 160 gig hd
I dj in nightclubs 2 to 3 days a week with my macbook so there is one issue that concerns me....
I know overheating can be bad for me as i don't want my lappy to crash on me in the middle of my set, so would a cooling fan be a bad idea? A dj friend of mine said yes it would be due to the hot and steamy environment of a packed nightclub and blowing moisture thru my mac could be harmful. Is this possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
your mac should be just fine. a cooling fan wont hurt, but wont neccessarily save it either.

id just sport the MB, and call it a night :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Nice to see a DJ on the forums [: I went to Pacha NYC on Friday night and Ferry Corsten's set was amazing! Danced from 12 to 6 AM.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2 ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram & 160 gig hd
your mac should be just fine. a cooling fan wont hurt, but wont neccessarily save it either.

id just sport the MB, and call it a night

Thank you kgeier82 I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best. Good thing I still carry a crate of records with me to every gig.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
off topic but what program are you using to dj on your macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
you can also use something like the iLap...that cools the laptop with aluminum and elevation...no fans or anything

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.