ColdFusion on Intel Macs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
If any of you have attempted to install ColdFusion on an Intel Mac, you probably feel my pain. There is absolutely no way for the standard install to automatically configure Apache for ColdFusion. There is also no officially documented way to do this manually on the Intel Macs. So where does that leave us proud Intel Mac owners? Well, it left me pulling out my hair for the past few days. I swear, I almost threw my MacBook against the wall at least five or six times.

THE COLDFUSION PEOPLE AT ADOBE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR PUTTING DEVELOPERS THROUGH THIS CRAP!

Well, I am once again friends with my MacBook, and I'm almost done cursing Adobe. Why? Because I found a FANTASTIC blog post that answered all of my questions.

http://blog.webmages.com/geek/cfmx-on-intel-macs/

Hopefully, this will help those of you who are having the same difficulties I had.

Reaction score
I feel your pain ... it's exactly the same with Elgato EyeTV products ... except your talking about installation and I'm referring to troubleshooting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
CF on unix is a pain in the butt, unless you learned it that way. I learned on a Windows server. So 7 years later I was working on a Unix install. It took me several hours to figure out that Application.cfm is case sensitive because it's unix!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.