Patchstick - How to?

Reaction score
patchstickum2.jpg

http://www.zerowaitingtime.com/19101-download-ATVLoader3.MP4
http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Booting_from_a_USB_Thumbdrive

I have my Apple TV conected to the TV and my iMac is looking good as allways, but i am having some problems getting Patchstick over to my USB Thumbdrive.

How do i get it to work? I have never worked in the terminal, but now i need to do it with an USB Thumbdrive wich name is 'NO NAME'

Insert your storage device / thumb-drive / USB stick but don't mount it. If your OS automounts the image (like OS X does) you'll need to unmount before you write to it.
$ mount
/dev/disk1s1 on /Volumes/UNTITLED (local, nodev, nosuid) <-- mounted partition on the thumb drive. /dev/disk1 would be the thumbdrive itself. See note below!
Unmount (as root) with:-
# umount /Volumes/UNTITLED
then use dd to write the image to the storage device (change /dev/disk1 to be the device that corresponds to your OS and device).
$ dd if=Hybrid.img of=/dev/disk1 bs=1m
Important Note: You want to write to the device that correponds to the entire thumbdrive - not one of its partitions. If you write the image to an existing partition, the all-important partition tables won't be written properly. On Mac OS / Darwin, this will be something like /dev/diskX rather than dev/diskXs1. On Linux, the device will probably be /dev/sdX for a USB device. (Note that SATA hard drives will probably also appear as /dev/sdX - use fdisk -l /dev/sdX to make sure you have the right device before writing to it!)
If your storage device has a pretty LED you'll see some activity, once finished you'll see something like:
503808+0 records in
503808+0 records out
257949696 bytes transferred in 439.220493 secs (587290 bytes/sec)

What should i do?

1. $ Mount
2. /dev/disk1s1 on /Volumes/UNTITLED ????????

Some one mind explaining what i should do? Please.

Thanks. Take it easy on the beer. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.