Not a good way to be introduced to Apple

J

justSwitched

Ordered the G5 deal with the 23" monitor couple weeks ago. I recieved my monitor, keyboard, speakers, mouse last Monday...but they said computer will be here today...how I was looking forward to coming home today.

Well, not here and when I got online there was a message that it wouldnt be here till May 12th!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe it! I called and they said cause I ordered extra memory that was the hold up (so glad they waited to the day it was suppose to arrive to tell me this).

My question is, it that the IBM issue I have been reading about?

Im just so frustrated! Now have to stare at my beautiful monitor for another 3 weeks and still use my PC.......

UGGGGG just had to vent I guess

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
I say, you should use that monster of a screen on your PC.. that way it won't go to waste.. or you can just give it to me in the mean time.. :)

EY

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I feel so bad! My Mac was ordered with increased RAM too but it arrived right on time... I hope they can pick up the pace on that! That's a sweety avatar!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah I do believe it's the IBM deal.. I think that's why the computer I ordered is going to take awhile also, same exact reason. I wouldnt mind have a 23 inch display to look at though.. I could just stare at that thing for hours at a time :)

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
It has nothing to do with IBM. IBM makes the G5 processor, not the RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Just tough luck, I think. Apple didn't have a large enough supply of RAM, or the supplier was late in delivering it to Apple, or something like that. Must be extremely frustrating....

OP
L

lugee

Or it could be that you’ll be getting an updated Mac as eMac, and the notebooks been updated and only the iMac and Power Macs to go…

OP
W

WilliS

nothing like having it come 2 weeks late :p

i ordered my g5 in july... got it in the end of september ;)

but that monitor you got is enough to keep me busy for hours at a time...just stairing at it... oooooooooooo la la

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
My dual G5 took about 10 days to arrive and by the time it had it had been all over the world, apparently they put together most of it in Taiwan then ship it to Canada or the US to get aquainted with it's processors and any other extras you order, then it goes to Holland to be paired up with the monitor, then it goes to Ireland to be ... um ... somethinged (maybe that's where they put in the relevant discs?) an dthen finally it gets shipped to your doorstep.

Luckily I'm not far from Ireland. ;)

When I discovered that the monitors came from Holland I immediately thought "Philips", do they make them I wonder?

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
That's an awful lot of traveling for a system to get assembled. Bit of a world tour at that! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
This may be a little late advice for you, but it is way cheaper to just get the Mac with the standard amount of RAM from Apple and then buy the extra RAM from somewhere like Crucial. Apple charges and arm and a leg for extra RAM if you get it from them.

OP
H

hardheart

I bought my G5 at CompUSA in September of 2003 and I took it home the same day I saw the beauty sitting on display!! To make my already [great] day better I received a discount for being a student at Purdue University! YIPPIE!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.