apple 15 return policy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook c2d 2.16ghz 1gig ram 120 gig hdd
Hi all, I am sure most of You are aware of apples 15 day return policy, 15% restocking fee. Imo,15 days is not enough time to find out if mac osx/macbook is right for Me. Most retailers that sell pc's have a 30 day return policy and costco gives you 90 days.

My question: Who sells macbook that has a longer return policy so i can have a decent trial period to try the mac out? most likely I will keep it but $150 is pretty steep price to pay to find out something does not meet your needs.

The "PERCEPTION" is that Macs cost more, thats incorrect I know, but If apple wants more people to switch ,take some of the risk away from the buying process. If apple really believes in their product the return policy should be at least equal to other products & retailers.

Reaction score
Hi all, I am sure most of You are aware of apples 15 day return policy, 15% restocking fee. Imo,15 days is not enough time to find out if mac osx/macbook is right for Me. Most retailers that sell pc's have a 30 day return policy and costco gives you 90 days.

My question: Who sells macbook that has a longer return policy so i can have a decent trial period to try the mac out? most likely I will keep it but $150 is pretty steep price to pay to find out something does not meet your needs.

The "PERCEPTION" is that Macs cost more, thats incorrect I know, but If apple wants more people to switch ,take some of the risk away from the buying process. If apple really believes in their product the return policy should be at least equal to other products & retailers.

Depends where you are, but Best Buy will give you 30days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
It's 14 days, not fifteen. Didn't want you to go back on that fifteenth day and not be able to unload it. And it should be a 10% restocking fee. Unless you are outside the U.S. or some one is lying to you. Honestly, if you have doubt that you won't like it, you probably wont. What are you so apprehensive about? Maybe we can help. One thing I would tell you right off is that you need to know how to use your mac. That's how it "just works". Personally I believe that a Mac can either be your best friend or your worst enemy. It all depends on how savvy you are and what your willing to put into it. As long as your willing to learn, you wont have a problem.

Oh, and I love your Stimpy!

OP
sockeye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook c2d 2.16ghz 1gig ram 120 gig hdd
It's 14 days, not fifteen. Didn't want you to go back on that fifteenth day and not be able to unload it. Honestly, if you have doubt that you won't like it, you probably wont. What are you so apprehensive about? Maybe we can help. One thing I would tell you right off is that you need to know how to use your mac. That's how it "just works". Personally I believe that a Mac can either be your best friend or your worst enemy. It all depends on how savvy you are and what your willing to put into it. As long as your willing to learn, you wont have a problem.

Thanks, I have tried it in the apple store, and I do like it , but using it in store is not the same as at home, sometimes a person will buy something and then discover they may want to upgrade, to a mbp for example.

I am willing to learn otherwise i would'nt be here, and I have learned thanks to everyone here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.