Ubuntu 7.04 did it work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 core2duo 2.16 2gb
well the title kinda says it. did anyone try installing ubuntu or at least loading the live cd with a macbook pro? i got the ubuntu-7.04-desktop-i386.iso from the website. but when i try loading it i get an error msg saying no screen or something, i tried to reconfigure the xserver still no luck. I even tried it with parallels nothing happens. i get the first screen then it goes black and stays that way. so did anyone try it? or is there a distro for macbook pros?

my specs are mbp 15" 2.16 1gb 120 hdd.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have not tried installing any flavor of Linux on my MBP as of yet. Have not done any research either, so I don't know if you need to be using Parallels/Bootcamp or not. Ubuntu should work, have seen a couple of posts from users running it. Another one you might try is Mepis, is based on Ubuntu. It should work as the developers primary system is a Mac Pro.

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 core2duo 2.16 2gb
ooh yeah, ill look for that. the only reason why i wanted ubuntu 7.04 is that it has a built-in wifi manager i would like to try that since my airport is not compatible with my router, i think its an osx problem, it works at my university, not at home though. thats why i wanted to see if anyone managed to run it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.