external monitor not working with windows via bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
I am having trouble getting windows to recognize that there is an external monitor attached to my MBP when I am running windows on it. I have tried going into the display properties without success. In windows, the typical keystroke to switch to an external monitor is fn F7, which doesn't seem to work on the MBP's keyboard. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I've had this same problem and haven't found a way to fix it. The first time I installed bootcamp the monitor didn't work at all and the second time it worked for a while and then stopped, actually it would work until the desktop came up then switch off. I've tried everything and asked around, but the only way I've found is to uninstall and completely reinstall Windows again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
Hmmm, i had this problem but i found a solution. You have to go into the video settings to the section that should have 4 pictures of monitors labeled 1 to 4. currently it should have the two left ones selected as displays. click on the upper right hand display and it should select that one and make the number green like the primary display. hit save and then it should work.

i am pretty sure thats how you do it if you having any problems just post back, cuase i haven't done this in a while so i can clearify some things if you need. tell me how it works for ya.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.