Play My Playstation Games On My Macbook (Not Roms)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I have a bunch of playstation games laying around at my dad's house (close to my college) but my playstation is at my house (about 2 hours away). I was wondering if anyone has found a way to play their playstation game successfully on their macbook without breaking any laws lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
There are no ways, and if there were it would be illegal

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
illegal? was bleem or bleemcast illegal? not that that would work on a mac, but it is a decent analog isn't it?

just throwing the idea out in theory, bleem is so old, i doubt it would even work on xp in parallels or bootcamp. even when i was running it on 98, i could barely find anything that would work with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
illegal? was bleem or bleemcast illegal? not that that would work on a mac, but it is a decent analog isn't it?
Technically, yes it was. Sony did take them to court, along with other emulator makers. Sony won all other cases, though the case was never in Sony's favor with respect to Bleem. Not sure why, but just because the case was "lost" by Sony, it doesn't really make Bleem legal (at least in an ethical sense).
Besides, Bleem's legal costs eventually overcame them and they went down regardless.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
like i said, just theoretical ;)

i think i just tossed out my original bleem disk within the last few months. along with a bunch of floppies, a cruise cat touchpad, internal zip drive, and a "dex drive".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I have a bunch of playstation games laying around at my dad's house (close to my college) but my playstation is at my house (about 2 hours away). I was wondering if anyone has found a way to play their playstation game successfully on their macbook without breaking any laws lol

heheh, just don't forget your macbook and ask if your PS can run OS X :p
As pointed out, it's most likely illegal, and I've never heard of anything like that. It would really be convenient though. So I guess macs can do pretty much anything, except that.

Bleemcast sounds like Dreamcast, which was Sega. How was Sony involved in this then?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
bleemcast was a version of bleem. bleem was a consumer product widely available even at stores like bestbuy that was basically a PS1 emulator for windows (95 and 98 i believe). bleemcast was the version they made for the dreamcast so you could play PS1 games on the DC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.