About to dump 5.5 G iPod, but a few Q's...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
I am REALLY sick of my 5.5 G iPod Video. It's been sent in 3 times, each time coming back with a defect. I no longer want it.

I am THIS close to selling it and buying a different one. I decided against a Nano (I hate those even more), And have basically decided I want a 4G 20 GB. I got one in Christmas 2004, and I'm sorry I gave it up a year ago.

Of course, I love the ability to play video's and see photo's on my iPod, which is a feature I will be giving up.

I was wondering, is there any alternitive device out there that let's me watch video's and view photo's? It doesn't have to exactly sync with iTunes or iPhoto, but that would be nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3/iPod Video
you could always go with a creative player...or maybe a zune.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I am REALLY sick of my 5.5 G iPod Video. It's been sent in 3 times, each time coming back with a defect. I no longer want it.

I am THIS close to selling it and buying a different one. I decided against a Nano (I hate those even more), And have basically decided I want a 4G 20 GB. I got one in Christmas 2004, and I'm sorry I gave it up a year ago.

Of course, I love the ability to play video's and see photo's on my iPod, which is a feature I will be giving up.

I was wondering, is there any alternitive device out there that let's me watch video's and view photo's? It doesn't have to exactly sync with iTunes or iPhoto, but that would be nice.

is it possible you got a bad duck? buy another ipod video. I doubt you would have the same issues..

OP
Cassifire
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
What exactly are the problems your having with your iPod?
I opened it with a cracked LCD, sent it in, they didn't even bother to fix it, they just sent me a new one. Second time, loose headphone jack, wouldn't output sound. Sent it in, they "fixed it". Came back, but with a NASTY dent in the back of it. Sent it in, they gave me a new one. NOW, it doesn't play anything at all.
is it possible you got a bad duck? buy another ipod video. I doubt you would have the same issues..
^^, two in a row is unliklely. I know if they sent me another one, it probably wouldn't have any problems, but I'm now just sick of Video iPods all together.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.