Power Mac G4, mirrored drive, two monitors

Reaction score
how can I hook up a second monitor to my Power Mac G4 tower? I want to use two monitors for FCP, I already have a second LCD monitor with VGA. anyone know how to set this up?

Power Mac G4 1ghz, power PC, mirrored door drive.

Reaction score
how can I hook up a second monitor to my Power Mac G4 tower? I want to use two monitors for FCP, I already have a second LCD monitor with VGA. anyone know how to set this up?

Power Mac G4 1ghz, power PC, mirrored door drive.

Depends what video card you have in it - some of them support a DVI or ADC monitor plus a second VGA monitor. What ports does the card have?

Otherwise, you can install a older PCI video card like a Radeon Mac 7000.

OP
K
Reaction score
mine has a DVI and ADC output options. I've found converter cords from ADC to VGA, I just want to make sure that I will get two monitors I can drag and drop rather than two duplicate.

edit, i don't think i was sober when i wrote this intially

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHz
You will probably have to add another PCI video card to make this happen. If there are 2 ports, you can give it a try by hooking 2 monitors into that card, but it's possible that it's only able to do duplicate mode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.