linksys wireless router for imac g5

ARC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz 200gb macbook pro, 13" macbook
hey guys ive been reading and searching the forums and got one last question. the regular linksys wireless router (not the speedbooster type) will work with macs. and i was wondering. last time i went and looked at one, i thought i saw somewhere for compatabile (sp) that it said macs. im just checkin to see if anyone knows about this or not. and that i read somewhere before that someone had to hardwire the router into the imac and then do some stuff with the network properties and get into the routers control panel via the ip address. someone please shed some light for me before i purchase this tonight.

Thanks much guys, :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Macs use the same wireless technology as Windows based PCs. So any router that a PC can connect to, a Mac will be able to connect to.

The only area where you may see non-compatibility is with the installation discs that some routers come with. You really don't need this as you can accomplish everything through the web interface that all computers can access.

I'm currently running a Linksys WRT54GL and my Mac works great on it. I have also been able to connect to every wireless hotspot that I've come across, so there's definitely no compatibility issues.

OP
ARC

ARC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz 200gb macbook pro, 13" macbook
alright cool, well my sister has a windows pc in her room. should i just go ahead and run the cd software on her computer to get the router configured and then just connect to the router once everythings all setup, becasue im thinking i might just go ahead and do that instead. and then possibly later just purchase a mac airport router.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.