The Official "How To Transfer Your iPod or iTunes Library to Your New Mac" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I dont think the version of iTunes you are using on the G4 supports the firmware on your iPhone. Do you have a more recent computer you can use and transfer the songs to that?

Reaction score
No, we don't have a more recent computer, but we have OS 10.4.11 on the G4.
That Iphone is old too, a G3 is not a recent model. We got it for only $50 in fact, cuz it's sort of ancient history as far as Iphones go....

Are you SURE we cannot transfer the iTunes onto the Iphone?

Could we do it via downloading the iTunes onto a CD disk and then transferring THAT onto our Iphone via a USB cable possibly on ANOTHER computer?
Transfer the Itunes songs onto a CD would be simply as pie :)

Reaction score
Was really rather pleased to locate this as I hoped it was targeted at Folks like me - switchers etc, but 1. I am not rying to switch from an iPOD to a Mac (Old or New). 2. I am not trying to transfer anything ot a New Mac. 3. I dont have a Home Network or a Mac.

Not wanting to seem unappreciative - just getting frustrated at my lack of progress (& expetise) - or am I looking in the wrong place ??

Wish to transfer Photos in a folder on an MS-based PC to an iPAD and in that same order and album.

Many Thanks in antic !!

Reaction score
iPod Classic to MacBookPro

I just realised that this thread is dated 2007, is it still valid?

I've got 2000 songs and videos in my iPod Classic and I want to transfer to my MacBook Pro's itune library which is currently empty.

after browsing the first post, i download a paid version of senuTi and was looking forward for it's instruction as told but could not find any.

anyone here got any step by step instruction on how I can do it?

thanks in advance

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
Music Transfer

I think Apple should provide some means to transfer, safely and easily, music from iPod to iMac or whatever computer who may have. I just switched to Mac and I would like to transfer my iPod library to my iTunes on my iMac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.