Things in Sigs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Where do people get these "Mac User" and "iPod Owner" thingies in their sigs? And are there any chocolate-related ones?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
http://ubanimator.com/

Keep these in mind:

"Signature Rules:
You can have one (1) image in your signature and up to four (4) lines of text including blank lines
This image can no larger than 480px by 80px and up to 15K in filesize
Links to other forums or communities may only be a single text link consisting of only the name of the site no larger than size=1 or a graphic image no larger than 80px X 15px."

if you try and bend those rules they will give you an infraction.. I have found out the hard way.

OP
knightlie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great, thanks.

OP
knightlie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15K? Ahh, phooey.

OP
knightlie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I built an animated userbar with an online builder and it reached 85K. However - I haven't downloaded it yet to see if it can be optimised, I'm sure it can.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I built an animated userbar with an online builder and it reached 85K. However - I haven't downloaded it yet to see if it can be optimised, I'm sure it can.

You may want to PM a mod and ask what the deal is.. I have seen userbars that morph 5+ times and are way over 15K and people still continue to have them..

OP
knightlie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll check, thanks. This one morphs four times. 15K does seem really small, particularly when there's a restriction on the overall dimensions. I doubt there are too many visitors still on dial-up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I don't think it's a bandwidth issue. It's a gaudiness one. If you have lots of people with lots of crazy signs the place would look like a mess... everyone's individual styles clashing with each other's and then the site's gui.

OP
knightlie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would have thought dimensions rather than file size would apply there. I've seen images of 150K or more in sigs, so the rules don't seem to be enforced too rigidly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would have thought dimensions rather than file size would apply there. I've seen images of 150K or more in sigs, so the rules don't seem to be enforced too rigidly.

I have also seen pictures in peoples sig's that are way way over 15K in file size. I can tell you this much, I have gotten a warning and a infraction for pictures in my sig being over 15K in file size.. I guess it just comes down to the roll of the dice?

OP
knightlie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have also seen pictures in peoples sig's that are way way over 15K in file size. I can tell you this much, I have gotten a warning and a infraction for pictures in my sig being over 15K in file size.. I guess it just comes down to the roll of the dice?

Hmm. Given my luck, not only would I get a warning, but the dice would roll all the way over here and smack me round the head. I'll leave it!

By the way, if you get bored of your avatar try this site knightlie ;)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/avatars/index.shtml
Oooh Eccleston...I must have a lie down.....

Me being a hetero male and all, Eccleston doesn't have quite the same effect, but thanks for the link - I didn't know they did avatars too. I might pick a Dalek next. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You may want to PM a mod and ask what the deal is.. I have seen userbars that morph 5+ times and are way over 15K and people still continue to have them..

If you notice someone with a sig out of compliance, please report them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Have you bothered to report these? We can't monitor everyone, all the time.

Complaining about something you've seen without doing anything about it is like complaining about government without voting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
I would never report someone for having a small graphic or two in their signature. Is there a particular reason the 15k limit was imposed? I doubt many of the revolving userbars could come close (the one I use elsewhere is about 125k) but they're quite common here and I've never seen a problem.

And KoDorSean, I really miss your burning man avatar, dude. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am sorry if I came across as complaining.. I am not.. I understand you can't keep an eye on 13,000 people. Its not possible.

As far as reporting them I don't feel me "telling" on them would be the right thing to do.. There are a few things I see (being on here a lot) that bend rules but I don't report them because I don't feel its my place.. suggestions?

I would just suggest that if you don't feel it's your place to help report rule violations, that you shouldn't insinuate that the rules are not applied evenly or unfairly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.