Just got a macbook yesterday... Some questions

Reaction score
Yeah, I just got a macbook for my birthday from my aunt. I want to know if it is the latest one though, or else I can bring it back soon and buy a better one. It is version 10.4.92 ghz core 2 duo. Also, I can search the internet on my dsl, but the laptop won't recognize that I'm connected through internet connect, or my msn... any help would seriously be appreciated. :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Cool aunt. Congrats and welcome to the forums!

If your unit is a Core 2 Duo, it's one of the latest models. Enter your serial number at the site in this link and you'll get a bunch of info on your unit.

As for your connectivity question, I'm not clear what you're asking. If you're connected to the internet, what exactly is the issue?

All the best!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
Rich aunt huh. Congrats on your new Mac! :mac:

Reaction score
There's a much simpler way (I don't understand that link you gave for the serial number?)

Simply click on the apple, then choose ABOUT THIS MAC... then click more info... it will give you ALL the details of your macbook! ; )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
There's a much simpler way (I don't understand that link you gave for the serial number?)

Simply click on the apple, then choose ABOUT THIS MAC... then click more info... it will give you ALL the details of your macbook! ; )

The site is located in Holland, so it's partially in Dutch.

The cool thing about it is that it tells you things like where your Mac was manufactured and when, which are not included in "About This Mac..."

Reaction score
what the ****, i entered my serial# and it doesn't show any info.

aantalip: 0
Serial number: ----------
Model:
Factory: W8 (Shanghai China)code_to_number: 01C - ------------

Production year: 1997 (is this for real?)
Production week: 13 (April)
Production number: 46 (within this week)

Just got my macbook 2 weeks ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
This might be a dumb question but.. where do you find the serial? :-O

Reaction score
I found this in a 2001 post about 10.1 on some site or other:
Simply go to the "About this Mac" menu item under the blue OS X Apple. If you click on the line that gives you the OS version number, it will give you the Mac OS X "build." If you click one more time, it will give you the serial number of your Mac. It may not work with some of the older Macs, since their serial numbers were stored on the disk rather than in ROM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.