Samsung printer

G

goldie

Got a Samsung ML-1710. Supposed to be a nice little laser printer, but I can't get it to show up in the Printer Setup Utility despite having tried several drivers from Samsung. Running 10.3.3 on a 1st gen. Ti PB.

Any ideas?

OP
B

Badger

I've a 1710 installed on an eMac (10.3.3). It uses the generic driver included in 10.3x. If you can't find the driver try reinstalling the printer drivers from the OS X system CDs or DVD. To eliminate a printer defect run a test print following the instructions in the 1710 manual. Also check your USB cable. Sometimes cheap cables won't work well (or at all).
Badger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.42//2 Power Mac B&W G3/350
My problem is that I get it to show up, but I don't know which drivers to use. Are those the Linux drivers you're referring to?

OP
B

Badger

I use the Samsung SPL 2.5 drivers for OS X. Samsung lists this as final release for 10.2.8 and a beta for 10.3x but I've had no problems on 10.3.9. Samsung has dropped Mac support in North America but you can get the file from the British or Australian web sites.

OP
B

Badger

Is anyone using this printer on Tiger? Does the Samsung driver work or is there another driver available for 10.4?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.