Back again and stumped with iBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
I finally mustered up time to take my iBook back to the store and have it looked at. They tested the RAM and it was fine, and they told me about the Apple Hardware Test, and everything came up fine except it said something like "Errors during startup" on the RAM one. Video RAM came up fine also. I called them back and they said that it is most likely a software problem. I reinstalled the OS a while back, and it helped for the short time thereafter, but now it's back to it's "good ol self." I am happy to say that the computer is growing back on me. :headphone :headphone :headphone :D :D :D :D

Reaction score
:eek:neye: Hi UserofMacOSX, I read and re-read you post trying to determine if I could assist you with any problems you might be having ... but I couldn't really understand if you have any definite issues you want help with ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
hey there

im the same as pulse-8. cant really understand your post - please explain.

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry about that, I went back and edited it to make it a little more understandable, but I think that version got deleted because of the double post! DOH!

It has spells of lagging severly, the fan running constantly, and the Dock has been dying a lot lately. Also, Dashboard comes up blank and I have to wait about 20 seconds for the faces and words and data to come up with the Widgets. Hope that helps, I'll elaborate more this evening, I have to leave now............

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, I just got OnyX and let did everything on there that I could in hopes of getting this back to normal. It has not had any issue since I ran the "swipe" but it's not that much faster. My typing doesn't lag anymore though, so that's always good! :)

Is it possible that I'm just expecting too much of the computer?? But I know I'm not imagining the fact that it got slower shortly after the RAM was added....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.