OK, is a slight vibration normal??

Reaction score
This is my second C2D macbook, both had a slight vibration when the macbook is on a sturdy table. The vibration is coming from the 80 gig hard drive, not the fan. I feel NO vibration when i'm holding it or is placed on my lap; only when on a solid table.

For those with macbooks (newer ones), is this normal? I placed some small rubber feet under the "nubs" that are already there and it helped it. Is this just how they are? Is it due to the thin-nature of the laptop itself?

Does anyone else have this, or did I have bad luck twice? I won't really mind it if it is normal, but this is my 2nd in a row with the same vibration. Thanks!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i have the 80Gb in my core duo macbook and have never felt a vibration form it on the surface of my lapdesk. sometimes when the cd drive is running very fast with an older cd, but not from the HD.

OP
R
Reaction score
i have the 80Gb in my core duo macbook and have never felt a vibration form it on the surface of my lapdesk. sometimes when the cd drive is running very fast with an older cd, but not from the HD.

Have you tried it on a table? A lap-desk is a little flimsy.

Anyone else? Thanks.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
not my lapdesk. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I only feel the vibration when my fans or disc drive spins up, but never when just the hard drive is spinning.

OP
R
Reaction score
well ****.

compusa already said they cant exchange it again (unless i ***** to their apple tech).

think i should just send it back to applecare?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.