Recover Deleted files

Reaction score
Hello to all!!!

I have deleted from the trash some really important files I need to recover...I do not know if this is possible and I definetly dont know HOW to!!!
I really hope someone has good news for me....thanks a lot in advance for any tips and tricks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If it was deleted, then the sad reality is that it is gone.
Yes, there are exensive software solutions that can help you, if you installed that software before you deleted the item.
There are also even more expensive data recovery services.
Even with those options, no guarantee exists that you will be able to recover deleted data fully intact.

Unfortunately, this isn't CSI, Law&Order, or some other cop show on TV where people can always recover every single piece of erased data at the drop of a hat with no effort.:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I would say that your data would likely be recovered with a recommended Mac data recovery software probably Stellar Phoenix.

Debby, luca788 thanks you: "You light up my iLife!" ;)

luca, don't touch that Mac for anything, especially saving stuff or downloading things not central to your recovery effort.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I am guessing that in the 3 years since his post that he has probably given up or solved his issue.;D

Clay

Reaction score
LOL, and that was his only post as well. :) At least there is some good information out there for someone else that does this. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
:doh:

Why look at the date on a previous post though?? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
+2
On the subject of Stellar Phoenix
I conducted a little experiment last night (and overnight since it took so long to scan) just to see how it works, and what the results would be.
I downloaded Stellar, deleted a couple of files (docs and pics) that I didn't need, and then didn't use my Mac other than running the scan.
I ran the second choice of scan, which was to recover deleted items.
Firstly, it doesn't give you results for what has been deleted only, instead gives you mixed results of items still on the HD, including previous htmls that were viewed, etc.
When running through the folders, half the items where in a mumbo jumbo form, that gave no way of indicating what I was looking at.
So, I decided to go to the iphoto folder and have a look in there, but to my horror, I got the spinning ball before stellar decided to crash, and there was no way of going back and seeing what was there after restart.
My conclusion, after over 15hrs of scanning to get to that stage.....
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Crash report.... to late as I have cleaned out my system with OnyX since then.
As for the rest of the above, I'm not about to run it again, but ....

Since Deleted file Recovery runs on free space and hence can’t list any existing data. Again if temporary html files are cleaned from system then only they are listed in deleted file recovery.User can select the file types that he wants to scan for and recover.

It was actually scanning the used space as well as the free space, and was certainly showing up with existing data that was not erased, and never was erased. As for selecting the files of choice, selecting the deleted items search should have been enough, and I was not about to tinker around to spend another possible 15+hrs to see if it could find a particular doc, or a particular image that I had just deleted, especially after the application crashing.

If a file is fragmented then only preview will be corrupt. It shows the actual condition of file. Once deleted all entries in the file system are removed hence it is not possible to recover fragmented data.

The files that I deleted would not have been fragmented due to type, and therefor should have been picked up!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.