Bluetooth: Discoverable or not to discoverable

Reaction score
Hi all...

What's the common wisdom these day regarding bluetooth discoverability? Normally my MBP would be in my office or my home, not really in cafes etc.

Seeing as OS X defaults to discoverability should I be recommending other employees to turn theirs off?

Reaction score
Hi all...

What's the common wisdom these day regarding bluetooth discoverability? Normally my MBP would be in my office or my home, not really in cafes etc.

Seeing as OS X defaults to discoverability should I be recommending other employees to turn theirs off?

I usually leave mine off, unless I am using my cell phone with it.

From what I know when setting my MBP up with my phone, you have to put a code in the device so it will reconize the computer. Other than that it shouldn't work.

I may be wrong, so feel free to correct me.

Reaction score
I always have my devices powered off so it's not such an issue with me but I also disable Bluetooth on my iMac unless I'm using it specifically for transfer/getting files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I would and do, err on the side of safety. Better safe than sorry as they say.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.