Doa C2d Mbp

Reaction score
Lots of abbreviations, but the important thing is, has anyone else ever had or heard of this?

i took reciept of a brand new (to me) refurb mbp today.

Great i thought. all shiney and new.

Only problem being as soon as you connect the power supply, the fans go at full speed. (the laptop is not running at this point)

if you start the computer up, the fans go back to normal, if you unplug it while its off, the fans go back to normal. If you shut it down while still plugged in, the fans go back to normal.

so wierd.

the applecare guy said he'd never heard of it before, and i argued them into sending me a new one without having to wait for mine to go back, or to get it repaired / refunded.

i guess its sorted with a new one on the way, but its a pretty wierd problem, and an annoyance to get a "DOA" one too.

anyone?

al.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Sounds like Apple is standing behind their product. Good on them. Sorry to you for having to deal with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Minr ran for 6 hours before dying during a firmware update....they said the logic board died and replaced the whole MBP

OP
D
Reaction score
So there's still a chance for all heck to break loose then?

hah.

great.

i am really pleased with the way apple dealt with this, its just pretty wierd that their testing products before sending them out wasnt a little more thorough.

lets hope the next one comes in okay.

al.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.