Software Transfering?

Reaction score
I've 2 Macs, One Is Powerbook G4 N The Other Is An Ibook; I Would Like To Ask If It Is Possible For Me To Transfer The Software In My Powerbook G4 To My New Ibook; If So, How Can I Do That?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
What software? If you own it and have a license then you can as long as you stop using it on the G4 unless you have a multi-machine license.

Reaction score
You can transfer your software, as long as it's legal, but unless they're universal binaries, they might run slow on your MacBook. Check which Apps are available as Universal Binaries, and which ones are safe to transfer (without hurting copyright laws).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
long story short is that when you purchase a program you are able to install it on one machine, in order to legally use it on your macbook you need to delete it from your other computer.

i have actually ran into this problem once or twice in my day, i installed office on my powerbook many years ago, and then got my powermac and retired the powerbook. i installed office on my powermac and forgot to delete it from my powerbook...one day i grabbed the powerbook out of the closet fired it up opened word without thinking and then BAM!!! get the message "this software and user license is in use on another machine blablabla" the same will happen with your windows license.....

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
I don't really know if it's legal, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Doesn't clicking and dragging work? That is, if you're in a network. But if you're not, try transferring it using a flash drive. But I'm not that sure, I'm kinda new to Macs too.

Just give it a try, it might help! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Not a hardware issue. Moved to appropriate software forum.
I don't really know if it's legal, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
The legality of this depends on what applications are being transferred. The EULA for each software program would dictate how many times, how many machines, and who could transfer the software.

M

MacHeadCase

Right, DB. Some companies allow you to install the same program on a laptop AND a desktop as long as you don't use the app simultaneously. A bit convoluted but that is part of some EULAs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.