Office For Mac/Word and Pictures

Reaction score
OK. As most of you know, I recently purchased a macbook and I'm taking some classes online. What I usually do is copy and paste the entire lesson (off the browser) into a word document and save it.

Question:

When I do it now with Word (mac version), it's only copying the text and not the images. The images are vital as it's a photography class... Is there a setting I need to enable to allow copying of images as well?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
OK. As most of you know, I recently purchased a macbook and I'm taking some classes online. What I usually do is copy and paste the entire lesson (off the browser) into a word document and save it.

Question:

When I do it now with Word (mac version), it's only copying the text and not the images. The images are vital as it's a photography class... Is there a setting I need to enable to allow copying of images as well?

Thanks in advance!

good question...i wish i had the answer for you...i'm going to be gettn a macbook myself...so maybe this is somethn i need to know as well...and let me ask you this...can you record audio in word offc 2004 (student version)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
My suggestion would be to skip word for this sort of thing...

Either just store the website using Safari's "store as webarchive" feature (which saves the entire page offline - with all images etc), or just hit File> Print and then select 'Save as PDF' (which will also re-format the page for printing, but should retain most of the details you need).

OP
GulfVetSAF
Reaction score
You know, now I remember why I don't do that... it creates a separate folder for the images and creates more clutter in my "lessons" folder... anybody else have any ideas about this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You know, now I remember why I don't do that... it creates a separate folder for the images and creates more clutter in my "lessons" folder... anybody else have any ideas about this?
Saving it as a PDF should not create any separate folders. It will simply embed the images into the document.

OP
GulfVetSAF
Reaction score
Granted that saves everything on one file. However, it still disables my ability to edit the document. I'm not talking plagiarism, I simply like to shrink the text and image sizes to save paper and the like. I know this sounds trivial but there has to be some way to do what I am used to doing...

Reaction score
You could drag'ndrop the images from the web browser straight onto your word doc ... right to where you want it to sit, then resize it.

OP
GulfVetSAF
Reaction score
Another great idea... I keep forgetting the drag and drop function (I know, stupid PC user)... You know Pulse I thought you had something there... however even with selecting ALL and then dragging it over, the images don't copy into the document. I have to drag EACH picture into the new document. I KNOW there has to be an answer. If someone has NeoOffice, can you try it and see if it copies images as well as the text? Thanks a million!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Another great idea... I keep forgetting the drag and drop function (I know, stupid PC user)... You know Pulse I thought you had something there... however even with selecting ALL and then dragging it over, the images don't copy into the document. I have to drag EACH picture into the new document. I KNOW there has to be an answer. If someone has NeoOffice, can you try it and see if it copies images as well as the text? Thanks a million!

Nope, just the text in NeoOffice. I never tried it in Word on a PC before, I'll have to check that out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
1. Select the relevant portion
2. Choose Safari > Services > TextEdit > New Window Containing Selection.

Number 1 is, unfortunately, necessary. For example, in this thread, if you select only the discussions, it looks pretty good. But a simple "Select All" gets a lot of spacers and header images and other crap, and it doesn't look as good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.