iBook g4 12" new 1ghz

V

varpunk

hi I have noticed that apple have brought out the new 1ghz ibook 12" now.

my question is I have a iBook G4 12" 800mhz and it is going in for repair at apple for a repacment logic bord. i was wondering if there is any chance in them putting in the 1ghz logic bord ??

I was thinking of sending a letter with my laptop asking them. do you think it is worth it or is there no chance of them doing this ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
varpunk said:
hi I have noticed that apple have brought out the new 1ghz ibook 12" now.

my question is I have a iBook G4 12" 800mhz and it is going in for repair at apple for a repacment logic bord. i was wondering if there is any chance in them putting in the 1ghz logic bord ??

I was thinking of sending a letter with my laptop asking them. do you think it is worth it or is there no chance of them doing this ???

I would say that there's basically no chance of them upgrading it for you (and I'm not sure, but the internals themselves might be oriented differently anyway).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I say give it a try! Why would there be any manufacturing of 800MHz logic boards? It would have to come from existing stock

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.