adding ext. monitor to my macbookpro

Reaction score
Ok so I just attached a 24incher to my macbookpro via the DVI. I want the new 24incher to be the main display not having the lappie and the 24incher work as one. I do not see an option to set this..I only see an option to detect displays which sets up my new 24incher a dual display. Any help would be great. Thanks all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
If you don't have an external mouse and keyboard, the best you'll get is MIRRORED. You have that option in the monitor menu item as well as the preferene pane.

However, with an external mouse and keyboard attached:
Close the lid and click the mouse. The extrenal display is now the sole display, with all vram dedicated to it.

OP
P
Reaction score
I have a bluetooth mouse and keyboard..but when I close the lid..the macbook goes into power save mode thus shutting the 24incher.And I cant figure out how to disable the powersave feature to see if your suggestion will work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
You need to click the mouse like I said... that will wake up the machine. It will see the extrenal monitor as the only monitor and use it as such.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.